Designed by OddThemes | Distributed By Gooyaabi Template

The International Blogger Tag!


Ok, I found this amazing tag created by Only If For A Page and Chelle's Books Ramblings. I found it on @toomuchminya. Go check out their blogs.

(For some reason I can't seem to tag them here so ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️)

Only If For A Page
Chelle's Books Ramblings
Too Much Minya


1) Where are you from, and what is your native language or languages?

I'm from Nepal. My native language is Nepali. I also speak a little Newari which is my cultural language. Look it up, the written script for Newari is really beautiful.

2) In what languages do you read books?

English. I grew up with my studies, school, media being very English based so it is a language I am very comfortable with. I also learned Turkish for a couple of years but I don't know to read a book.

3) Are there Book Blogs, Booktubers, Bookstagrammers in your native language, and if so, what is the community like?

There are a lot of amazing creators here that I am fortunate enough to know (perks of a small community) but I don't know anyone who actually blogs, creates in Nepali.

4) If there is a Blogging Community in your native language, why did you decide to join the international one?

Diversity basically. And meeting new people and new authors and new books that this community might not have knowledge about. 

5) Are there any struggles or challenges for you as a non-native English speaker?

Yes. There are so many struggles and I am so proud despite these problems the reader community in Nepal is still here. Getting books is really hard and if they are out of stock, we have to wait for months for them to restock and at times they don't even restock. The reading norm here is really rare so if we want a rare book we have to contact vendors who will have to ship it from somewhere else. 
Next is we don't get to really partake in giveaways. Even if it's international they don't really ship stuff here. And even getting E-ARCs is really difficult because publishers just limit it to US/Canada. I don't know who I have to pray to get an ARC from Macmillan.

6) How do you get hold of English books?

Usually, if they are big popular titles book shops here have them. But getting the books you want in Nepal is a really difficult task. At times I order from vendors who order from India and even then we have to wait for months. 

7) What is the best thing about being part of the international community?

It's always the new people, new books, new opinions.  This diversity of new readers and people who are so different and bound across the world with love for reading.

8) Do you follow or watch other international Booktube channels or Blogs?

Yes. There are fantastic content creators out there and I'm finding new people all the time. It's really an incredible community.


Thank you for making it to the end. Please check out those amazing blogs and have a great day!

Share:

Post a Comment

Copyright © merakireads. Designed by OddThemes